Contest: How did Blue Baboon Books get its name?
It's the number one question we're asked: "How did you guys come up with the name Blue Baboon Books?"
To tell you the truth, we just liked the alliteration. But, alas! We need a better story than that. And we're a bookstore, so surely we have stories.
That's where you come in, our dear customers. We want you to create a storybook about how your favorite bookstore (presumably Blue Baboon Books) got its name.
And if yours is the best story, you get a $100 gift certificate to our store!
What to know more? Here are the details on how you can win:
- We want these stories to be picture books: At least four illustrations (drawings, paintings, computer graphics, etc.) and no more than 2000 words.
- We will feature the winner's story during one of our storytimes.
- Stories can be done by an individual or a group (a couple of friends, a family, a classroom -- however big or small you want your group to be).
- Stories must be written and illustrated.
- All artwork must be original artwork. You may not copy art off the internet or use someone else's copyrighted or licensed work.
- We will pick our three favorite entries, and then we'll put those up for a vote on social media.
- The winning entry will be featured on our website and social media.
- Other than the $100 gift certificate, the winner will not receive any further payment or royalties from the story.
- Please submit stories electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries are due by 7 p.m. Sunday, April 7. No exceptions.