The Great Used Book Trade-In Event!
We've listened to you, and we've heard you! Blue Baboon Books is going to start selling a small selection of used books FROM YOU!
These books will sit side-by-side on our shelves with our new books, and they will have unique labels (and low prices!) to be easily identified.
If you wish to trade in books from your own library, please understand that we are super picky. We want to be sure that we maintain the spirit of the store with the quality products that our customers expect.
We are not a donation center. We have limited space on our shelves and in our store. If you have several boxes of books that we're unlikely to take, we ask that you take them to the library or a school for donation.
Please read the following policies and guidelines on trade-ins:
- There is no guarantee that we will accept your books as a trade. Each book will be carefully evaluated for condition, resale value, customer demand and interest, our own inventory and history with that particular book, and whether it's appropriate for our store.
- Books will be traded for in-store credit only. WE WILL NOT GIVE CASH FOR BOOKS.
- We accept only children's and young adult books.
- If we accept your books, we will credit you 25% of the original retail value of each book.
- After we have come to an agreement on which books we'll accept and their value, you will be issued a trade-credit slip with the amount of your credit. You must have your credit slip in order to use it in our store. We will not keep copies of them.
- No more than 50% off your purchase can be covered by a trade credit.
- In-store credit can be used on any merchandise within the store (books, toys, journals, PlayFoam, pens, and various and assorted doo-dads), but it cannot be used for event fees (Art Smart workshops, parties, day camps, or the like).
- We don't accept books with smokey, musty, or other strong odors.
- We only accept books during designated trade-in events (like this one!). If you cannot come in during a scheduled trade-in event, please contact us at (316) 260-9008 or email@example.com to set an appointment.